Over the years, there have been drastic changes in the design and manufacture of consumer products and home appliances. Today’s consumer products are characterized by complicated electronics, which in turn call for intricately designed PCBs. To meet the growing demands of PCBs, today’s manufacturers maintain a rich inventory of ready-to-order PCBs. Also, they offer the option of customization, helping home appliance manufacturers build boards that best fit their applications.
The 3 Types of PCB Construction
The consumer and home appliances manufacturing sector utilizes three types of PCBs when manufacturing products. The three major types of PCB construction are:
- Single Layered – Single layered PCBs encompass only one substrate; wherein all electrical components are installed on one side with the copper trace on the other.
- Double Layered – As the name implies, this PCB type consists of two substrates. Parts and components are fixed to both sides of the substrate.
- Multi Layered – This type of PCBs is generally used in extremely complicated electronic circuits. These are designed utilizing several layers of substrates, which are separated by insulation. Depending on the complexity of the applications, up to 42 layers can be incorporated in A PCB.
Applications of PCBs
Applications of PCBs are many when it comes to manufacturing consumer products and home appliances. The single, double, and multi-layered PCBs are chosen when assembling:
- Music systems
- Air conditioning systems
- Microwave oven
- Washing machines
- TV remote controls
- Lighting appliances
- Electric water boilers
- Robotic vacuum cleaners
- Digital wrist watches
- CD players
- Digital coffee pots
- Home alarm systems
- Home Theaters
- Cable television converter boxes
- Hand held video games
- Remote control electronic toys
PCBs have come a long way since their introduction in the early 90s. Today, manufacturers are capable of producing PCBs in varied specifications. They are equipped with advanced manufacturing and testing systems. Also, they possess sound technical know-how, helping them meet the specialized demands of the consumer and home appliance manufacturing industry.