Rigiflex provides Functional Testing (FCT) services with its turn-key PCB manufacturing process. FCT is performed in the last step of PCB manufacturing process to determine the quality of the printed circuit board. It helps us detect various assembly issues such as opens, shorts, incorrect part installations, or missing components. Hence, this testing enables us to make an appropriate Go/No Go decision before shipping the finished PCB.
Functional Testing Elements at Rigiflex
Our PCB test system uses an industry-recognized firmware, and the following mechanical or electrical components.
- Software: The software used include Microsoft Visual Studio, National Instruments LabVIEW, and Test Stand.
- Control Hardware: These include box type instruments with USB/RS 232/ Ethernet
- Other Components: These include various types of power supply and distribution equipment, testing and measuring instruments, fixture/interface, and switch matrix.
Highlights of Rigiflex Functional Testing Services
The following are the highlights of our functional testing services. These capabilities allow us to serve our customers effectively.
- Automated testers for detecting malfunctioning components
- National Instrument Cards used
- Bench-top and rack instruments
- Custom LabVIEW applications
- Various embedded software applications
- Bed of nails PCB fixtures
Rigiflex Functional Testing Service Offerings
At Rigiflex, we provide comprehensive functional testing services. We utilize our vast industry knowledge and past experiences to develop cost effective testing solutions. Our functional testing services include the following:
- Custom Designed Test Suites: Our test engineers can design custom functional tests or create test rigs to match the client specifications. The testing is carried out to match the specifications, and all test results are recorded in history sheets.
- PXI and Lab View: Our in-depth knowledge of PXI and Lab View software systems have aided us in developing easy-to-use, and versatile FCT systems for testing static parameters of the PCB. We also use NI software and hardware for video and audio tests.
- Bench Top Systems: We can provide bench top functional systems for prototype PCBs or a single board PCB manufactured in low volumes.
- Universal Rack Systems: At Rigiflex, we offer universal functional test rack systems for various board designs. Like bench top systems, these testing services are ideal for low volume production.
- Dedicated Functional Testing Services: We can also employ dedicated functional testing engineers on high volume single-board designs.
Applications of Functional Testing
The PCB functional testing is employed to identify deviations or workings of the following PCBs or PCB sections:
- Display tests
- Power supply
- Digital sections
- Analog sections
- Mixed signals
- Communication/interface tests
- Boundary scan tests
- PCB – open/shorts
At Rigiflex, we are committed to quality. Our functional testing capabilities help us ensure that PCB assemblies shipped to the client are in operating conditions. No matter, how simple or complex a PCB is, we can develop a custom test procedure from scratch. Our vast industry experience, coupled with our knowledge of various functional testing methodologies has helped us build a base of happy and satisfied clients. For more information on our functional testing capabilities, please contact us at the earliest.
Related PCB Testing and Inspection Types: