Metal Core Printed Circuit Boards (MCPCBs) provide. These boards are also known by other names such as Insulated Metallic Substrate (IMS) PCBs, and thermal PCBs. These circuit boards are usually made of three materials, namely:
- Aluminum: Aluminum has good heat dissipating and transferring capabilities. This material is cost-effective.
- Copper: As compared to aluminum, copper has a superior performance, but is costlier.
- Steel Alloy: Steel alloys have a lower thermal conductivity, as compared to the other two materials mentioned above, but is more rigid than them.
Each material has its own pros and cons, and selecting a material entirely depends on the application for which it is used. Rigiflex is a leading flex PCB manufacturer, which is known for providing the best quality metal core PCBs.
Types of MCPCBs at Rigiflex
Based on trace layers of the PCB and location of the metal core, MCPCBs are of the following types:
Advantages of Using Metal Core PCBs from Rigiflex
Here are some of the advantages of the metal core printed circuit boards:
- Highly Durable: Metal core PCBs are made of rigid materials like steel alloys, copper, or aluminum, which makes them highly durable.
- Cost-effective: These printed circuit boards can be manufactured at lower costs as compared to other PCBs.
- Higher Thermal Conductivity: The circuit boards can incorporate a dielectric polymer layer, which provides higher thermal conductivity at lower thermal resistance.
- Component Cooling: These circuit boards help cool thermal components easily. This helps improve the performance of these circuit boards.
- Reduced PCB Size: The PCB size is reduced, which ensures a smaller footprint.
- Faster Heat Dissipation: These PCBs transfer heat eight to nine times faster as compared to the circuit boards made of other materials.
Applications of MCPCBs
These circuit boards have a number of advantages, because of which they find their use in a wide range of applications. Some of the applications of MCPCBs are:
- Hybrid/electric motor control applications
- LED applications
- Power regulator in automobiles
- Audio amplifiers
- Semiconductor thermal insulation board
We are very particular when it comes to manufacturing rigid printed circuit boards. This has helped us manufacture best quality metal core printed circuit boards. To know more about our metal core PCBs, you can call us at 714-688-1500. You can also mail us your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org.