Flexible PCBs or FPCBs are an integral part of our everyday electronics such as desktop printers, hard disk drives, and portable electronic devices. Featuring a strong flexible base material without or with overlay, these printed circuit boards are made of different complex components. Owing to their flexibility and complexity, now electronics manufacturers understand the importance of building their prototypes before the actual manufacturing. This is because these flex circuit board prototypes allow them to identify errors and make requisite changes, before the product is introduced in the market. Specializing in fast turnaround and low order flex circuit board prototyping services, Rigiflex delivers engineering support to its clients, thereby allowing them to materialize their thoughts into designs. We also help clients eliminate quality problems by giving them in-depth feedback on strengths and weaknesses of a particular PCB design.
Flex Circuit Board Prototype Capabilities of Rigiflex
Our clients approach us for building flexible circuit board prototypes for various reasons including new product testing, quality, design testing, modeling, and analyzing the behavior of complex components used in the design. The following capabilities have helped us serve our clients better.
- Standard Panel Size: 18″x24″.
- Copper Thickness: 0.5 oz. To 6.0 oz.
- Layers: 1 – 20 layers
- Finished Board Thickness: 0.5mm~3.0mm (0.02″~0.12″)
- Types of Flexible Printed Circuit Board PCBs Provided
- Single-sided Circuits
- Double-sided Circuits
- Multilayer Circuits
- Rigid Flex Circuits
- Order Quantity: There is no minimum order quantity.
- Material: Standard FR-4 material
- Solder Mask: White, Black, Blue, Green, Red
- Surface Finishing: Immersion Gold, HASL, OSP
- Legend/Silkscreen Color: Black, White
- Shielding Material: Copper, Silver Ink, Tatsuta, Carbon
- Prototype Options
- Functional Prototypes
- Working Prototypes
- Visual Models
- Proof-of-Concept Prototypes
Beneficial Features of Rigiflex’s Flex Circuit Board Prototyping Services
There are many flex circuit board prototype services in the US, however, Rigiflex has gained popularity owing to the following features of its service.
- Fast Turnaround Times: We assure one of the fastest turnaround times in the industry – 24 to 48 hours on most orders. These turnaround times help our clients improve their time-to-market capabilities as they can test their new designs quickly and rectify design flaws.
- Ability to Conduct Stringent and Individual Tests on Components: We work on complex projects involving several components, where each component plays a key role in the circuit. Thus, individual testing of these components becomes important. This is where we help. We help clients identify flaws in the working of these components, and make necessary replacements.
- Reduction in the Overall Production Costs: By identifying and rectifying errors in the earlier stages of product design and manufacturing, Rigiflex allows its clients to invest in huge production runs. Our affordable pricing also allows our clients to avail flex circuit board prototypes at various lead times.
- Testing the Overall PCB Performance of a PCB: Over the years, we have made huge technology investments. These investments coupled with our experience allow us to ascertain the performance of a circuit in real life scenarios. Although prototypes have low tolerances, they provide a fair idea of how a PCB will work in a live environment. This understanding has helped several electronics manufacturers create high-quality products and boost their customer satisfaction.
Flexible PCB Applications
We regularly provide flex circuit board prototypes for our clients in the following industries:
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Electronics
At Rigiflex, everything right from the design review to prototyping is handled by our well-experienced engineering department. All the flex PCB data files provided by clients are checked for DFM. This allows us assure the right solutions to our clients. We have built a list of happy and satisfied clients, which gives us a leading edge among various flex circuit board prototyping service providers in the US. For any flex circuit board prototype requirements, please contact our team today.
Queries to Make When Choosing a Flex PCB Prototype Manufacturer